Need Adobe Flash Player
HOME J.C. Williams School of Ministry   LINKS

WISCONSIN
Third Ecclesiastical Jurisdiction
Church of God In Christ (COGIC)

OUR AFFIRMATION

  • We believe the Bible to be the inspired and only infallible written Word of God.
  • We believe that there is One God, eternally existent in three Persons; God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
  • We believe in the Blessed Hope, which is the rapture of the Church of God, which is in Christ at His return.
  • We believe that the only means of being cleansed from sin, is through repentance, faith in the precious Blood of Jesus Christ and being baptized in water.
  • We believe that regeneration by the Holy Ghost is absolutely essential for personal salvation.
  • We believe that the redemptive work of Christ on the Cross provides healing for the human body in answer to believing in prayer.
  • We believe that the baptism in the Holy Ghost, according to Acts 2:4, is given to believers who asks for it.
  • We believe in the sanctifying power of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling, the Christian is enabled to live a Holy and separated life in this present world, Amen.

SEAL of COGIC

Church of God In Christ logo

Church of God In Christ

The Symbol of the Church Of God In Christ is an outgrowth of the Presiding Bishop's Coat of Arms which has become quite familiar to the Church. The design of the Official Seal of the Church was created in 1973 and adopted in the General Assembly in 1981 (April Session).

The obvious GARNERED WHEAT in the center of the seal represents all of the people of the Church Of God In Christ, Inc. The ROPE of wheat which holds the shaft together represents the Founding Father of the Church, Bishop Charles Harrison Mason, who, at the call of the Lord, banded us together as a Brotherhood of Churches in the First Pentecostal General Assembly of the Church, in 1907.

The date in the seal has a two-fold purpose; Firstly, to tell us that Bishop Mason received the baptism of the Holy Ghost in March 1907; and, Secondly, to tell us that it was because of this outpouring that Bishop Mason was compelled to call us together in November of 1907, to organize the Church Of God In Christ.

The RAIN in the background represents the Latter Rain or the End-time Revivals which brought about the emergence of our Church along with other Pentecostal Holiness Bodies in the same era. The rain also serves as a challenge to the Church to keep Christ in the center of our worship and service, so that He may continue to use the Church Of God In Christ as one of the vehicles of Pentecostal Revival before the return of the Lord.

This information was reprinted from the book "So you want to KNOW YOUR CHURCH" by Alferd Z. Hall, Jr.

 
The banner says:

Awake my soul! Awake, harp and lyre! I will awake the dawn.....
Psalm 57:8

The precepts of the Lord are right, giving joy to the heart. The commands of the Lord arer radiant, giving light to the eyes.
Psalm 19:8

This is the day which the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.
Psalm 118:24

THE WOMEN's DEPARTMENT

3rd ECCLESIASTICAL JURISDICTION OF WISCONSIN CHURCH OF GOD IN CHRIST
(COGIC)

Click here to view the 3rd Jurisdiction's Women's Department Slide Show

Read about two of our outstanding women in the Women's Department.

Mother Artaska KingSupervisor Artaska King
Jurisdictional Supervisor
Chairperson International Advisory Board
Praying & Fasting Woman of God

A Woman as unique as her name……ARTASKA. She was saved at the early age of 8 years old. She will soon be 85 years old. You do the math (77 years in COGIC). She began her ministry in a potato house on her grandmother’s farm with the children in the community on Sunday afternoons. This ministry grew and eventually the first COGIC in Emerson, Arkansas was formulated which was “ Heard’s Chapel COGIC “, it still stands.

She has served in various capacities and offices in this great Church ranging from Maintenance Engineer, Teacher, Evangelist, Soloist, Transportation Specialist and Big Sister Sunshine for more than 35 years whereby she received international recognition. She has been a radio personality on WNOV for more than 33 years. This is just to mention a few positions in which she has served and only a few of her numerable accomplishments.

MOTHER ARTASKA KING, under the auspicious leadership of Bishop J.C. Williams, 3rd Ecclesiastical Jurisdiction of WI, served with Supervisor Annie N. Scott as Assistant Jurisdictional Supervisor for 9 1/2 years. Mother Artaska King

She has served as Juridictional Supervisor since 1987. She now serves as Advisory Board Chairperson for the International Department of Women COGIC. She serves as Advisory Board Chairperson for the International Department of Women COGIC.

She has the distinction and honor of being the 2nd highest ranking woman in Mother Rivers’ Cabinet, and in this 7 million plus membership of the COGIC Worldwide She is a woman of God, A lover of Children, A praying woman, A woman that has added education, beautification, sanctification to this great 3rd Jurisdiction. A woman who does not gossip but says empathetically “Sweetin put it in God’s hand.”


Mother Delores WilliamsMother Delores Williams
Wife of Bishop J.C. Williams
"Jewel" of the Jurisdiction
First Lady of Williams Temple COGIC

Delores Perry was the second child born to Walter H. and Norlean Perry of Tennessee. Her family moved to Milwaukee, Wisconsin when she was an infant.

They joined the Holy Tabernacle/Williams Temple COGIC family shortly after they moved to Milwaukee. Her father (Elder Walter Perry) and the Perry family have been great supporters of Bishop Williams and the church ministry since the 1950’s.

Delores earned a Bachelors of Arts Degree from Lane College in Jackson Tennessee and a Masters Degree from Cardinal Stritch University in Milwaukee Wisconsin. She has been an educator in the Milwaukee Public School System since 1984. She has a compassionate heart and hand toward those in need.

In 1999, she married Bishop J. C. Williams in Las Vegas Nevada. In 2000 they repeated their wedding vows in a Jurisdictional wedding officiated by General Board Member Bishop P.A. Brooks. They are a unique couple who have had wedding ceremonies in the 20th and the 21st century. Mother Delores Williams is a loved and admired First Lady who is affectionately called “The Jewel of the Jurisdiction”. She and her husband, Bishop Williams are seen lovingly holding hands at Jurisdictional and National Conventions and Convocations across the country.

Mother Williams has been a faithful member of Holy Tabernacle/Williams Temple COGIC since 1957. Through the years she has served her local church as the church Secretary, Program Director, Hospitality President and presently serves as Sunday School Teacher. Before becoming a Bishop’s wife, she served as Jurisdictional Hospitality President for 12 years under Supervisor Artaska King and was well known in the National Hospitality Department of the Church of God in Christ.

Her favorite scriptures are Proverbs 3: 5 & 6 - "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him and he shall direct thy path.”

Mother Delores Williams loves the Lord and the people of the Lord.

History of the Department of Women
During the infancy of the Church of God In Christ in the early 1900's, the work among women had been started, but lacked organization. A search was made for a women capable of directing a Women's Department. The name Lizzie Woods, who was a matron at the Baptist Academy, was continuously brought to Elder Mason's attention. After inquiring, he succeeded in forming an acquaintance with her. She was introduced to the Church of God In Christ through the preaching of Elder D.W. Delk. In May 1911, while General Overseer Mason was holding a meeting in the Academy, she received the baptism of the Holy Ghost.

Bishop Charles Mason, with the keen insight God had given him, saw that Lizzie Woods, who later became Lizzie Woods Robinson, was an organizer, able to inspire an direct. At the General Convocation in Memphis, Tennessee in 1911, she was appointed Overseer of the Women's Work by Bishop Mason to organize and create such work as would be beneficial to the church. Mother Robinson began by admonishing the women according to Jeremiah 9:17-20, "thus saith the Lord of hosts, Consider ye, and call for the mourning women, that they may come; and send for cunning women, that they may come; and let them make haste, and take up a wailing for us, that our eyes may run down with tears, and our eyelids gush out with waters. For a voice off wailing is heard out of Zion, How are we spoiled! We are greatly confounded, because we have forsaken the land, because our dwelling have cast us out. yet hear the word of the Lord, O ye women, and let your ear receive the word of his mouth, and teach your daughters wailing, and every one her neighbor lamentation."

Observing a group of women praying and another group reading and studying the Bible, Mother Robinson began her organization by combining the two groups together, forming the Prayer and Bible Band. This band was designed to educate in scriptural knowledge, for the purpose of soul winning. Today this Band serves as a doctrinal study of the Bible.

This was the beginning of the organizational structure of the Department of Women as we know it.




Our Bishop   Jurisdiction Staff   Women's Department   Calendar of Events   Contact Us   Home   Links